Spring Sports Recap

Baseball

Senior, Benjamin Kriedel pitching against Conard.

Hall’s varsity baseball team is currently 13-7. With captains Tyrek Robinson (CF), Michael Verrengia (P), Charlie Lage (2nd), and Collin Campangna (3rd) leading the team, they plan on going far in the State Tournament.  The team is coached by Jeff Billing, a Hall math teacher, who says that the team is one win away from their best record yet.

Softball

Hall’s varsity softball team poses for a picture at the Mayor’s Cup against Conard.

Going 5-13, the varsity softball team also had one of their best records and have the chance to make the State Tournament should they win their next 3 games. Their biggest win came from playing Bloomfield where the score was 31-11. The team is led by senior captains Emma Dalton (P), Caroline Wisialowski (2nd), and Ryan Sandler (LF) and is coached by Danielle Smith, a gym teacher at Hall.

Boy’s Golf

Junior captain, Max Berman drives the ball at tee-off.

The boy’s golf team did well this season with 7 wins, 5 losses, and 1 tie. The “young team’s” top golfers include sophomore Mac Mahoney, junior Max Berman (captain), and seniors Prithvi Guddera and Thomas Zinzarella. According to Coach Chuck Claffey, many have shown improvement throughout the season. Max Berman also stated that “the season started slowly but as we got into the ‘swing’ of things, we picked it up and were able to clinch a spot in states.”

Girl’s Golf

Varsity girl’s golf poses moments before their match.

The varsity girl’s golf team had a record of 6-6-1. Senior captain Hayley Lemke said, “the team improved a lot this season so next year’s season looks even more promising.” Lemke’s co-captains are senior Olivia Mitchell and junior Kate Barnett. The team is coached by Bill DeWitt, a history teacher at King Philip middle school.  

Boy’s Lacrosse

Boy’s varsity lacrosse huddles at the start of their game against Simsbury.

After their 16-7 win against Southington, the varsity boy’s lacrosse team was able to qualify for States with their first tournament game on Saturday, May 27th, but unfortunately lost to Xavier High School. The 6-10 team is coached by Ben von Mayrhauser and led by seniors Andrew Cravedi (defense), Theo Blaschinski (midfield), and Evan Duzan (defense) who plan to power through the rest of the season.  

Girl’s Lacrosse

Girl’s lacrosse seniors pose for a picture before their last home game of the season against Conard.

Forwards Caroline Grant and Cammie Cho and goalie, Gabby Gershon led varsity Girl’s Lacrosse to a 8-8 regular season record. The girls have a play-in game (opponent is TBD) for the State Tournament this Friday, May 26th. The Warriors plan on keeping their energy and focus high as they get ready for their upcoming game.

Boy’s Tennis

Captains Ethan Wilkins (right) and Nathan Graber-Lipperman (left) shake hands during practice.

The varsity boy’s tennis had a great record of 12-3. The team served up competitive energy to their opponents throughout the season and were led by senior captains Evan Weinstock, Ethan Wilkins, Nathan Graber-Lipperman, and Bryce DellaBianca. They plan to continue their hard work throughout the rest of the season. Bryce DellaBianca claimed they are “looking to do some damage” as they head into the state tournament this weekend.

Girl’s Tennis

Claire Bellucci (lower-left) captures a picture of the girl’s tennis team after a home match.

The girl’s varsity tennis team went 7-6 this year with seniors Aditi Joshi, Jessica Schwartz, Rebecca Freed, and Emma Chozick leading the team. Senior Lani Davidoff said, “We’ve had a tough season, but we have all played our hardest and it has paid off”.

Boy’s Track 

Tommy O’Gorman (center), Jake Rosheleau (left) and Patrick Daly running distance in a meet at the Greater Hartford Invitational.

Boys track was able to stay undefeated throughout the regular season. Many of the Hall runners have qualified for the CCC’s including seniors Patrick Cassidy and Connor Blodget, along with sophomore Miller Anderson. For those who receive the best times in CCC’s are then sent to compete in the state tournament. The senior captains this year are Andrew, Alex Walshaw, Patrick Cassidy and Connor Blodget.

Girl’s Track

Captain Julia Silverman clears the bar in a meet against Conard.

Girls track had a record of 2-5 this year.  Senior captain Julia Silverman stated “we have a young team, as many of them are freshman and sophomores, but they have raw talent and with more training, the team is looking to succeed greatly in future seasons”.  Silverman leads the team along with seniors Lauren Sosa, Simone Smith, Sierra Lyles, and Alex Barnett.

Boy’s Volleyball

Boy’s volleyball’s starting lineup stands together during the National Anthem.

Boy’s varsity volleyball has had an incredible season especially when compared to the past years [even though their 8-9 record might not look to reflect that.]  This year is the first time in over 5 years that they have made it into the state tournament.  Captains Brad Currier and Reed Courtemanche have helped lead this team to success. Captain Brad Currier said, “I am happy with how much we have improved as a team this season”.  

Hall Record • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Hall Record Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *