Q & A with Hall’s Student Association President, Chase Jeter

With the school year half way done,

Hannah Pliskin: “How has being SA president influenced you as a person?”

Chase Jeter: “I’d say being SA president has allowed me to connect with different parts of the school that I didn’t previously interact with. I’m really happy about that because I’ve made a lot of new friends and gotten to meet a lot of new people and really gotten to experience all of Hall High School.”

HP: “What has your experience working with the executive board been so far?”

CJ: “The thing that I think is so great about our executive board is that we draw from all different parts of Hall. Each member contributes diverse ideas to every meeting. We bring a diverse ray of ideas to every meeting. With all of our events we really include all of the kids at Hall. I’ve also become very good friends with many members of the executive board and I really enjoy working with them.”

HP: “What has the executive board done so far?”

CJ: “Three of our major events we’ve had so far were Fall Fest, the homecoming dance, and, most recently, Mr. Hall.. All three events were pretty successful, I think the student body had a great experience at each one. Starting with fall fest, we had a great array of games there, as well as representation from a lot of Hall’s clubs. I think that people really likes the 5 v. 5 basketball tournament that took place in the gym. At homecoming this year we had a really great DJ. He helped the whole event take shape, as did the decorations… Our photo booth turned out really well. I had a great experience at homecoming along with everyone on the executive board. Moving on to Mr. Hall, we had 12 candidates this year, each of them really represented a whole different part of Hall. It turned out great, our winner of the show was Xavier Rouleau. I actually got to see him perform in the answer show last week, it was really great, and I’m glad that went well too.”

HP: “What are some upcoming ideas?”

CJ: “Our next event is the winter pep rally, which I’m really excited about. We’ve got really good ideas going around. There will be a lot of audience and teacher involvement in this one that will make it really exciting. After that we’ve got the hypnotist show in March. That’s always a fan favorite. It will be fun to see my senior classmates get hypnotized. He does a great job and the best part is that he’s one of the few hypnotists that allow videotaping at his events. Then we’ve got some community service days that we are planning for the spring. For example, we could be going to Bushnell park and making sandwiches for homeless people or visiting a soup kitchen. We’re not quite sure exactly what we’re doing yet but we’re excited to partake in community service day with SA. After that the senior class will be deciding on our class gift. We are looking forward to leaving our mark on Hall.”

HP: “What made you want to run for president?”

“I have been in SA since my freshman year. I really enjoy being a member of such a great group… I wanted to take on a leadership role and have an impact on the Hall community. It’s fantastic working on this team of five that makes up the executive board. I’d say no one of us has any more important role than another.. It’s a really great group of kids and we work well together. I also got the opportunity to run with [Vice President] Noah Silverman who has been a friend of mine since freshman year. We decided to get the campaign going and we had a great time. We made some really funny posters, we had a great time doing our video, it was an amazing experience getting to meet new kids and try something new.”

HP: “What are your plans for the future?”

CJ: “This spring I’ll be having my final baseball season at Hall. We have a great group of guys here, especially the senior class. It should be a very competitive team this year. Next year I’m looking forward to attending Dartmouth College in New Hampshire where I’ll be also playing on the baseball team and possibly pursuing a degree in the field of history. Other than that I look forward to this summer. My family is going on vacation to celebrate both myself and my brother graduating. Also, my summer baseball team is always a great time. A couple of kids from Hall are on the team too. I’m looking forward to finishing out a strong senior year with all my friends at Hall and moving on to next year at Dartmouth.”