The Gen Z Roller Coaster

Lately, Generation-Z has been depicted negatively in regards to their use of technology. The older generations say we are children lost in the cloud; in reality, we use the technology to grasp information we’ve never seen before. The picture of the student sitting on the concrete shows a student surrounded by light clouds while sitting on a somewhat dark ledge. The light clouds represent all the endless amounts of information technology has brought. The ledge represents society without technology has given to the student.

The firm hand grip in the second image represents how Generation-Z is trying to heal a divided time. Due to the large size of the internet, various social bubbles have risen; including toxic and hateful groups. The devices we use also contribute to toxic and hateful groups due to the barrier created by our screens. Recently there have even been some rallies planned online where people attack others with views that don’t match with their own. On a happier note, there had been some recent videos of people from both sides casually talking out their concerns of the other group while sitting across from each other. The second image portrays one of these talks. The student on the left has a dirty look on his face. While the bearded student on the left has a worried face.

The picture was taken in nature of a Gen Z-er in front of a waterfall using technology for a reasonable purpose. Older generations tend to say how Gen Z-ers are addicted to technology and Gen Z-ers do use technology very often, but it’s not always social media and video games. There are very scenic images taken by Gen Z-ers with cellular phones. These images help awe and inspire students to explore and tap a button like the one in the picture.