The Truth of iGeneration

This is not really how other generations portray Generation Z, but I believe that it’s how we should be seen, as hardworking individuals who are driven for their own success and trying to be accepted and welcomed by society instead being seen as the lazy, narcissistic people that many think of us. The first photo I chose is my ADHD medication, Ritalin. Although it helps me concentrate more, it is used by other people to get an edge in education. Everyday, the average student is demanded to work proficiently for the one goal that is set by society for us, which is to get into the top universities (to get the best jobs). This is just some of the ways kids my age do to be better than their peer. My next photo, a natural occurrence in any classroom of any high school kids concentrated, with their eyes peeled to their books or screens, trying to complete their work as quickly as they can. How we think and use our brain every moment is always dependent on the student, this has multiple students in the frame, all working on the same goal but all have distractions getting there. The last photo is of my bookshelf which I also view as a trophy shelf. All the books and papers stacked high are what I’ve studied and read in the past 365. This presents the rigorous demands that is expected of any high school student. An essential part of the photo is the bold crimson and gold hat of the University of Southern California which is the goal for myself. The books are the mountain, with the gold at the top where everyone wants to be.