Changes within Hall

With all of the changes that have happened at Hall High School since the return from summer in the year 2016. The changes have been as blatant as to what, but not so blatant with why it changed. Hearing chatter and rumors as to why the office changed, as well as many rumors as to why the library changed is almost too annoying to keep hearing. So, thinking those who have been talking need a news scoop as to why these things have changed. Well… clicked the right news story.

Starting with the office, the one thing you see is a now a glass wall and a very vibrant and colorful layout that looks fresh and new. When you walk, the first thing you notice is the layout and how open it is, as well as the double doors that now look more “menacing” to those who come in. Well, then questioning Dan Zittoun about the matter, first of all he was very nice and made a very impressionable and welcoming attitude towards me with asking him questions.

When the questions starting flowing (though he gave me good responses) they seemed very one sided in the way that the office was redone for an upgrade so it wasn’t old. Though when digging deeper, the real reason come out as to why. Mr. Zittoun is extremely concerned for everyone safety and he felt that once you walked into the school, the buzzer was the only barrier between protection and possible harm. Having such “little” protection felt concerning to him and every student and faculty he sees every day. With the double doors, it adds another door to the protection of the school and it “forces” people to go through the office and sign in with a visitor’s pass. Once they get the pass and sign in, they have access to the school and the main office knows of their presents. He then quickly added that the flow of the school’s entrance seemed more fluid and it helps quickly get those in and through to the school; and because of the layout you go right in from the doors and not in the halls looking for the main office. When asked about the glass wall and not a regular wall, he wanted to have a clear wall to see students, open it up, and see the outside. With the conclusion of the interview coming near, he talked about his opinion on the office.

“Anything that makes the school safer is always good” said Mr. Zittoun. His only bad opinion of the office change is that he misses seeing students walk in and out from his old office spot right near the auditorium. Other than that, because the fact that the renovations was supposed to be only 100% good with no cons to speak of. Mr. Zittoun is very pleased with out the office changed and likes how it is laid out and how it looks. After the interview, came the next interview with the librarians about the changes there.

The biggest reason the library changed was because of the layout of the outlets and how often the cords were pulled out from the plugs, the cords getting frayed and damaged, as well as how many problems with the sets ups (being in pods last year). When asked about the pros and cons of the new row setup. A very fast “It’s more productive than the last set up and it helps us see what is going on with the computers.” Obviously anticipating that answer, “”Is the set up this year better than last year” was asked. The library was changed for mostly tech reasons but also to help with students working together better, as well as to make it more productive for those needing to work. “I don’t think shooting and blowing up tanks is school related” said one of the librarians (referring to a popular game played last year). After the interview the librarians showed me a secret plan to change the library even more in the next coming years. Without any details, it will update and make the library new. She hopes to have some budget to work with in replacing what is already in the library as well as to adding more. The changes with in Hall continue as the school goes on. Every month something old is being replaced with the new, making the school a better environment for student to work.

The changes Mr. Zittoun alluded to with the gym and new tech for that, the librarians changing the library soon as well as making it a nicer environment for those who want to work, and the office that was changed for the purpose of safety and aesthetics. There is lots of change happening and more to come, and be sure to stay close to the news.