Loved ones lost

Loved ones lost

As break has come to an end and the new year has started students at Hall can’t help to notice the lack of a very important person, after roughly 20 years of service for the Hall community Dave the Security Guard retired.

He was a hero to some, and enemy to none, and a friend to all students and staff alike. Seen by his co-workers as “A loving and caring person who did what he did for the kids.” and what’s to argue, he spent a large chunk of his time just joking around with students and getting to know them better. With so much time committed to hall there is speculation on what Dave is going to be doing with his free time outside of school, however fellow Hall security guard Zandra says “He’s a guy who loves the outdoors, and working on his house, so if I had to guess i’d say he’s doing some yard work.”

Well although there are many other security guards at Hall no one will be able to fill the hole left behind by Dave’s absence. Students have already been expressing themselves about the situation “We wish he just gave more of a warning before he left, so we could be able to at least send him off.” But that’s not how Dave would’ve liked it, he was a guy who didn’t like making big scenes and most of the time watched things play out between students from afar without involving himself.

He did his job well and made friends every step of the way, and he had seen thousands of kids come and go but still managed to make every kid he talked to feel special. He was a great security guard and a even better person, and you will be missed.