Listen to Your Seniors

High School is hard and even harder when you don’t know what to expect. As a freshman, you are the youngest, the newest, and the most unfamiliar with everything going on. To make their time at Hall a little bit easier, that’s why the seniors offered some advice for the incoming freshmen. With this advice, freshman can feel like they know what to expect at Hall High School.

One main piece of advice: Get good grades. You may think freshman year doesn’t matter, you may think it’s only your junior and senior year that colleges look at, but that’s wrong. Your cumulative GPA includes all four years at high school. Senior Chase Rose-Hollis said it perfectly when he advised, “Give everything your full effort. When you lack in effort, it shows.” Your lack of effort freshman year will impact your future success.

Incoming freshman are also advised to be social and get involved in activities. Sport and clubs are easy ways to have fun and make friends early in the year. Even if you’re not too good at the sport, it’s a great feeling to be a part of a team. All you have to do is “try to be social” said senior Senekha Kuriakose.

The final pieces of advice to pass on are two things everyone should remember and will make Hall a lot easier. The first piece is put so well by senior Craig Wasielewski: “Respect students and walk through the hallway – don’t just stand there.”   

The most important thing to remember is you are only in high school once, so make the most of it. Take some risks and don’t be afraid of high school.  As senior Brae Sullivan put it, “Don’t be scared it’s not like the movies.”  So good luck to all the incoming freshman.