Time Flies Through the Eyes of a Dog

Throughout these three photos of my dog Cooper, the message I am trying to convey is that time goes by very fast, especially for us high schoolers. The first photo depicts Cooper as a baby. Just like many students, he was very small and afraid of many people and things. Over time, he gained an understanding of our house and grew up. Each day he seemed happier and happier, he spent many days having fun doing what all dogs do. Time passed and Cooper was still the same dog. Today, Cooper is getting towards the end of his “High school years,” but he is still very happy. He is the same dog with more experience and wisdom. I really wanted to show these images because I find these very relatable to my high school experience. At first, I was very nervous. I felt small and lost. Eventually, just like Cooper in the second photo, those feelings went away and I was extremely happy. I was having a great time hanging out with my friends; doing what high school students do. Similar to Cooper in the third picture, I am now older, and look back on my high school experience the same way he looks back at the camera. While I am still very happy to be in high school, I often find myself looking back to memories from from previous years, realizing not only how fast high school went by, but the fact that I am the same person as the nervous freshman walking in on the first day of school.