College Admissions Process for the Class of 2021

On top of the regular stress of online school and our senior year of high school, seniors in the class of 2021 are faced with an entirely new challenge. Students graduating high school this year are tasked with deciding on their home for the next four years, without being able to visit or adequately evaluate each school. The three photos above depict the college application and decision process of high school seniors all across the United States. Studying for SATs, writing essays, and keeping up with homework is stressful enough. However, on top of all of that, seniors have to set time aside to research schools that they are applying to and are left with virtual tours as their only chance to get a sense of what each school is like on campus. Normally, seniors would be able to go and visit each school in person and see what they are like during a normal school year full of students, but the class of 2021 is not able to do so, thus making the decision process much more random. The first photo represents a student staying up late at night in their bedroom studying for the SAT, while stressing that they are behind on their work. The second photo shows a student attending a virtual tour of a school that they are applying to, instead of touring the school in person like they would any other year. The final photo shows the student picking a school to attend at random out of a hat. The student feels lost in the college decision process due to all of the changes this year and does not have a good enough impression of each school to make a choice on their own. This is the reality of high school students everywhere in the class of 2021.