Hall High School Has Become a Trashcan for Students

The global pandemic caused the entire world to shut down back in 2020, including schools. However, as things start to resume back to normal, so have schools. Many schools in America have returned back to being fully in-person. Some students are excited to be back, some aren’t so much…

As students of Hall High School adjust back to full in-person for the 2021-2022 school year, many students forget to look after themselves. During lunch waves, there are too many students to be eating in the cafeteria, so students often go outside in the courtyard or eat in the hallways. Unfortunately, that leads to a slight problem which started occurring more often this year.  Due to the pandemic, a lot of students grew a habit in their home by leaving trash all over the place, and when they returned back to school, they do the same. Though, It might not be a habit in some cases. Some students just simply don’t want to be in school and hate being there, so they throw trash all over the school campus on purpose.

All of this leads to school janitors having more work to do and staying later at work just because students couldn’t be responsible enough for cleaning after themselves. There are many trash bins around the school campus so it should not be a problem for students to walk a couple of steps to throw their belongings away. Just because we grew a habit doesn’t mean it’ll never change, all it takes is some reminder and our school environment will stay clean – janitors would also greatly appreciate it.