Writer’s Top Three Makeup Brands

Back to Article
Back to Article

Writer’s Top Three Makeup Brands

MAC and Sephora

MAC and Sephora

Mariana

MAC and Sephora

Mariana

Mariana

MAC and Sephora

Sarah Tangarife and Natalia Sherman

Many people look at makeup differently, and we are going to be discussing the history behind it, and why is it not talked about very often. Makeup has been around since the beginning of time, around 7,000 years, it’s not a surprise that there are many different types of makeup, and many different brands of makeup. The three makeup brands that we are going to be discussing are Ulta Beauty, MAC Cosmetics, and Sephora.  

MAC was created in Toronto in 1984 by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. Its first store was located in Canada. Sephora was created in 1970, and founded by Dominique Mandonnaud. Its first store was located in France. Ulta was created in 1990 by Mary Dillon and its first store was opened in Illinois. Sephora has been around longer than MAC and Ulta.

Young females shouldn’t rush to look older than what they actually are. According to Frances Vidakovic, “At age 10, they should still be having fun with their dolls and playing outside with their friends, not focused on staring into the mirror, trying to make themselves look prettier.” They should act their own age and enjoy the age that they are. “Don’t try to be a 13 year old when you are 10, don’t try to be a 16 year old when you are 13, and don’t try to be a 21 year old when you are 16.” Vidakovic continued. The time will come to wear makeup so young teenagers shouldn’t rush themselves to be someone that they aren’t yet.

Many parents don’t like their daughters wearing makeup because they don’t want them to grow up fast, so they prohibit them from using it until they reach a certain age. When we asked a hall high school mother, Patricia Corrales, “at what age did her mother first let her wear makeup”. She responded, “I was about 15 years old when I first started to wear it but my mother didn’t like me wearing it at all because she would say that I was still too young for that.” Although her mother kept repeating that to her, she never listened and continued to wear it.

Mariana
Ulta Beauty

You can purchase MAC, Sephora and Ulta online or in some stores near you. All three brands have their own individual store, and their products are excellent. According to a high high school student, Taryn Smith and a hall high school mother, Patricia Corrales, “My favorite makeup brand is Mac because it has a more variety of colors for your skin tone and it gives you more options to choose from.”