Cafeteria food: frozen or fresh?

For our Photography Essay Project, we decided to focus our photos on the school cafeteria, and the question we all wonder : is our food prepackaged, or made fresh? The objective of our pictures was to answer this question. In picture 1, our cafeteria staff is seen preparing the loved breakfast sandwiches that are sold each morning. Before this project, I, along with many other students, believed these sandwiches were frozen, and heated up in the morning. But, the picture clearly shows that the cafeteria staff does make these sandwiches each morning, providing many students with a balanced breakfast to start their day. In picture 2, one of the cafeteria ladys is preparing the salad bar with gloves and an apron on. This meal includes lettuce, veggies, eggs, cheese and meat.  The picture portrays how Hall High School gives students a healthy option to consume during their lunch period. I was able to watch the staff prepare the lunch for the day and realize how much time and effort they go through to make the meals healthy and fresh. Pictured in the third photo is the freshly cut strawberries being prepared for the next lunch wave. Not many people realize the work that is done to provide for us every day. Lunch is often taken for granted and not fully appreciated by each and every student. Food is prepared every day, each period for us and many times we do not stop and say thank you to everyone who is behind it. 

The students at Hall High School fail to recognize the hard work our cafeteria staff puts into providing healthy meals for students each day. They work hard to provide each of the many students here their basic dietary needs. The cafeteria staff recognizes that in order for students to thrive in school, they need healthy food to fuel them.This project has revealed that the food served is, in fact, made fresh in the cafeteria each day.